Coast Guard Vessel Documentation
USCG Vessel Documentation
NVDC MARAD Vessel Title
Step 2:  E-sign your Documentation Instantly

Sign and notarize your Coast Guard documentation electronically at no extra charge - with DocuSign, it's as easy as opening your e-mail.

Step 3:  Leave the paperwork to us!

No more overnight mailings or long delays to get your vessel documented.  Start now and by the time your coffee is cool, your documentation can be filed so you can enjoy your yacht!



Step 1:  Fill out our online forms

You can use your laptop, tablet, or even phone to fill our your USCG Documentation forms online in five minutes or less.  You can even makes changes easily after you've submitted the forms.

100% Online Coast Guard Documentation Services

Use our on-line forms, or call or email us for fast, convenient USCG documentation.  Let us start handling the paperwork so you can start enjoying a day on the water!


There's a lot of confusion over whether - and when - a Coast Guard Documented vessel needs to be registered with the state.  The short answer is that UCSG Documented boats never need to be titled with the state, but may need to be registered with the state depending on how long the boat is on the state's waters.

First, as to the titling of the vessel, a vessel may either be state titled or federally documented, but not both.  Think of USCG documentation like your title - that's really what it is, even though it has another name.  In fact, federal law under 46 U...

Not just anyone can own a U.S. Documented Vessel.  There are very specific citizenship requirements for owners of U.S. flagged vessels, and failing to follow them can have disastrous consequences.

We all miss things once in a while - birthdays, anniversaries, and sometimes our annual Coast Guard documentation renewal. If you miss the deadline to renew your boat registration, don't worry - remedying the situation is quick and easy.

Renew your Coast Guard Documentation on-line for up to 5 years in advance with our automatic renewal service.

What Documents do I Need to Buy or Sell my Boat? So you’ve just experienced one of the two best days in a yacht owner’s life – you’ve either just sold your yacht, or just bought a new one.  What paperwork do you need to sign to transfer the ownership so you can start enjoying your new boat – or get the old one off your books?  The answer depends on whether the yacht is already documented with the Coast Guard, or is currently state titled.  Our on-line web forms allow you to upload the required documents directly from your computer, or if you don’t have them handy you can alw...

Boats are unique in that they can be registered with the local state agency (“State Titling”), or they can be federally registered with the U.S. Coast Guard (“USCG Documentation”). Which method to go with is a personalized decision based on a number of factors ranging from tax issues to the aesthetics of putting state numbers on your boat.

Please reload


© 2016-2018 Yacht Docs, LLC.